ElizabethWatasin

'Tis Nyte! by Elizabeth Watasin

Gothic Steampunk, Noir Sci-Fi, Diesel Fantasy. Bringing You Uncanny Heroines in Adventuress Tales.

The Bombshell Manual of Style
Laren Stover, Ruben Toledo
The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence
Gavin de Becker
Xenolinguistics: Psychedelics, Language, and the Evolution of Consciousness
Allyson Grey, Diana Reed Slattery
In The Eye of The Beholder: A Novel of The Phantom of the Opera
Sharon E. Cathcart

Writer's resource: The Pitch, The Proposal, and a great comic book script template:

A billion years ago, someone asked me to pitch something for a new character/property/original comic idea (I can't remember), and I said sure! So I just sent that person 1 or 2 lines. Then that person said: great! Now write us the pitch! (he meant the 'proposal').

Uhhh. :-p

I remember that I had to ask a friend what that entailed, writing the *detailed* pitch (the Proposal), and to please send me an example, because sometimes even when you get this much:
Write a 2-3 line synopsis of the Concept

Characters: who's in it

Settings: where is it

Stories: 3 story synopses (1-3 paragraphs), and if asked for 12 total, 2-3 lines for the rest.

It can be hard to visualise it. My friend sent me a sample proposal for a video game, and I used that for the 2nd stage of pitching the "whatever it was that set me on the road to this thing". I mention this because whether you are doing it for a book, game, TV series, comic book/graphic novel, etc---that's either for an idea you own or is for a licensed product---the presentation is pretty much the same.

So I wanted to share who Explains how to do this well, which is Mark Waid. It really is a simple process but it requires a lot of work to seem simple. IN the end you want to communicate clearly, succinctly, and make it easy for the person reading your thing (who has read 1000's of these things), to get your idea, right away. And whether that person *likes* it is another story.

Here's Mark Waid's 'how to do the proposal' in two parts:

After All That, THEN:

You have 12 stories that are GO, green-lighted! Now to write them.

If you have Scrivener, this comic book script template by Sean E Willams is wunderbar:

An amazing template, because it makes the process of creating Easier, and that's half the battle.

onward, Storytellers!